Let’s face it, life is hectic. The days, weeks, months and years just seem to roll by faster and faster. There seems to be a constant barrage of responsibilities and tasks to be completed. Less time for yourself to do the things you want to. Before you know it we are stressed out and it is affecting our health. Managing life can be difficult. So, wouldn’t it be nice to simplify things a bit? Well, this week marks National Simplify Your Life Week. By simplifying your life you can take control and make more time for yourself. You don’t need to do everything on the list below, instead think about what you love in life, and work towards getting rid of the things you dislike and those that are not important to you.
- Eliminate clutter. Have a designated place for things like your keys, shoes and tools. People spend too much time looking for items.
- Every night before you go to bed plan your next day. What will you wear, eat and places to go. Design a morning plan that helps you start each day peacefully and efficiently.
- Learn to prioritize quality over quantity. Do those things that are most important to you.
- Plan your meals for two to three weeks with corresponding grocery list. Rotate and re-use the list. Make extra for another day or lunch the next day.
- Clean up your inbox. Unsubscribe from any email you are not interested in. Organize your desktop.
- Spend less time on social media and more time in the present.
Pick one area to simplify at a time. Pick the one thing that is the easiest to accomplish them move to the next. Before you know it you will have simplified your life and more time for those people or things you love the most.