You can WIN $3,000
Rules of the YES Fitness New Year, New You Transformation Contest:
- The New Year, New You Transformation Contest (“Contest”) begins January 28th at 6:00AM and ends on March 27th at 7:00PM.
- Entry fee ($97-$197 per person) based on current YES Fitness membership status as of January 27th, 2015.
- You must complete your initial Omron Measurement by February 6th and your final measurement by March 27th.
- You must be a member of a 3-person team, of your choosing, to participate for the team prize; each team must include at least one (1) non-member (no obligation to join) or one (1) new member who joined YES Fitness between January 1st and February 2nd, 2015.
- A team may consist of three (3) non or new members.
- In order to enter the Contest, you must complete an entry form and waiver & release form and agree to the Rules of the Contest. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest, and are not eligible to receive the money prize, unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and YES Fitness with respect to the Contest.
- There are three (3) mandatory Omron Measurements. If you do not complete an Omron Measurement you will be disqualified, and your team will no longer be eligible for the team prize. (Note: It is the responsibility of the team, not YES Fitness, to ensure that each team member completes his or her Omron Measurements on time.)
- Your initial Omron Measurement must be completed, at YES Fitness, between February 2nd – February 6th, 2015.
- Your second Omron Measurement must be completed, at YES Fitness, between February 23rd – February 27th, 2015.
- Your final Omron Measurement must be completed, at YES Fitness, between March 23rd – March 27th, 2015 (no Omron Measurements will be accepted/eligible after March 27th, 2015).
- Omron Measurements must be completed during specific business hours ONLY by a YES Fitness Team Member.
- You must complete your second and final Omron Measurements within three hours of your initial measurement (this is to ensure the most accurate comparison.) *See Rules to Follow for additional requirements.
- Omron measurements must be completed without shoes and socks, wearing the same clothes in all three (3) measurements, and we also suggest wearing minimal clothing and jewelry.
- You must take a before and after photo – men in shorts, with a shirt, and women in a sports bra and shorts. The same clothing must be work in both photos.
- A team with a disqualified member is no longer eligible for the cash prize.
- Weight loss surgery, within six (6) months of the Contest start date, will result in disqualification from the Contest and/or forfeiture of cash prize.
- It is recommended that both members and non-members complete four (4) workouts per week minimally (32 total workouts) during the contest. A combination of strength training, cardiovascular, and group fitness classes are recommended to achieve maximum results.
- In the event of a tie for the cash prize, the Total Performance Score of the first place individual on each team will decided the winner. If this results in a tie, the Total Performance Score of the second place individual on each team will decide the winner. If this results in a tie, the Total Performance Score of the third place individual on each team will decide the winner.
- YES Fitness reserves the right to cancel the Contest at any time, including without limitation if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the reasonable control of YES Fitness impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by YES Fitness in its sole discretion. If the Contest is cancelled, all entry fees will be refunded to entrants within 30 days thereafter. Other than in the event of such a cancellation, no refunds will be issued after any entry fee is paid.
- Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of entries, the number of entries of annual members of YES Fitness, and the individual efforts of each entrants.
Omron Measurement Dates & Times
ALL Omron Measurements must be completed during specified business hours ONLY: Weekday Omron Measurements times are as follows:
M,W,F weigh-in times are 5:30AM – 10:00AM, and M,W, 4:00PM – 8:00PM, F 4:00PM – 7:00PM, T,TH 6:00AM – 11:30AM, and 4:00PM – 6:30PM.
Initial weigh-in #1 February 2nd thru February 6th
Weigh-in #2 February 23rd thru February 27th
Weigh-in #3 March 23rd thru March 27th; and
The New Year, New You Finale Party will be held on
Thursday, April 2nd 2015 at 7PM,
where we’ll announce the winning team!
Measurement Requirements and Explanation of Scoring
The measurements for the Contest will be done on our Omron Scale that tells us exactly what your body composition is made up of, lean body mass, fat mass, etc. Scoring will be based on the amount of change in both your lean body mass and fat mass, called your Total Performance Points.
This Contest will be extremely fair to all people, overweight and lean, male and female, young and old, active and inactive, who compete against each other in this competition. Everyone will have an equal chance to win. We have leveled the playing field!
The winner(s) will be the person/team who makes the biggest degree of transformation based on their Total Performance Score, either by gaining muscle and/or losing fat. The winning team will be the team with the highest Overall Team Performance Score when adding all three members’ Total Performance Scores.
Your Omron measurement print out will give us, and you, a detailed description of your body composition, including your lean body mass and your fat mass. These will be the two most important factors in this Contest. Not your weight, and not your body fat percentage.
The formula we will use to calculate your score-
First the Lean Body Mass (LBM) points change –
End LBM lbs. – Initial LBM lbs. = Total LBM Change lbs.
Total LBM change lbs./Initial LBM lbs. = % of LBM change, which are your Performance Points
Then the Fat Mass (FM) percent change –
Initial FM lbs. – End FM lbs. = Total FM change lbs.
Total FM change lbs./Initial FM lbs. = % of FM Change, which are your Performance Points
Total Performance Score = % of LBM Change + % of FM Change, which are your Performance Points
Bottom Line – GAIN Muscle and LOSE Fat to WIN!
Rules to Follow –
- You must complete your second and final Omron Measurement within three hours of your initial measurement. (This is to ensure the most accurate comparison.) The most accurate measurement is on and empty stomach. Drinking a lot of liquid, or eating a big meal right before you step on the Omron scale will force the machine to try to figure out what this “mass” is, and although it may work for you…it could work against you since the machine may think it’s fat or water. If you cannot complete your measurement on an empty stomach, then be sure to do it after eating and drinking about the same volume as you did before the previous measurement. For example, if your initial measurement was after eating breakfast, then all of your measurements should be after eating breakfast.
- Omron measurements must be completed without shoes and socks, wearing the same clothes in all three (3) measurements, and we also suggest wearing minimal clothing and jewelry. Again, we just want to know what your body is made up of. Anything extra may count against you!
- You must take a before and after photo – men in shorts, without a shirt, and women in a sports bra and shorts. The same clothing must be worn in both photos.
Real Life Examples –
Bottom Line – GAIN Muscle and LOSE Fat to WIN!
EVERYONE HAS AN EQUAL CHANCE TO WIN.
WE HAVE LEVELED THE PLAYING FIELD!