Naturally high fiber foods are key when it comes to getting your nutrients and not hearing your stomach grumble an hour later. You should aim to include a fiber source in every meal and snack. These are healthy ways and foods to keep you full for a long time.
- Make sure you have protein with your breakfast.
- Whole grains equal fiber. If it’s white, don’t bite.
- Almonds are a good source of vitamin E, pine nuts are full of natural fats.
- Legumes: beans, lentils, dried peas and chickpeas are all high in protein and fiber.
- Apples, raspberries and pears have high water content and are packed with fiber.
- Avocados are filled with fiber and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
- Oats are a low GI carbohydrate which require more time to digest and has a slower release into the blood stream, therefore you feel full for longer.
Resources: OnFitness Mazagine